MEDIA 575 - Web Production and Distribution
Production and distribution of content to the World Wide Web (WWW).
Consideration given to importance, types and purposes, advantages and
disadvantages, production and distribution workflow, planning, use of various
media elements and technologies for web production and distribution.
- At the conclusion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Recognize the role of web-based documents in multi-format distribution
- enterprises and design accordingly.
- Understand and utilize standards based web design
- Understand and implement the separation of content from presentation
- Design the Structural Layer of Web Documents (XML / XHTML)
- Design and manipulate the Presentation layer using Cascading Style Sheets
- Understand the role of the Behavioral Layer
- Have a basic understanding of Web Graphics and Media
- Integrate the Structural, Behavioral and Design Layers utilizing current web standards
- Use software designed for standards based web design